QLX Lighting are looking to hire a General Manager to cover the current General Manager who will be taking maternity leave from January 1st 2018 for 6 months.
There will be a cross over period from mid-November 2017.
QLX Lighting is a full service Lighting Hire, Sales and design company, located in Dublin. The company supplies event lighting from concept to creation whether itâ€™s a TV, Corporate Event, Theatre Show or Live Gig.
The General Manager is responsible for specific aspects of the day-to-day administration and financial management of the company. This senior role ensures that the majority of the decisions and arrangements affecting the company, and in particular the successful delivery of services, are made and agreed in good time and within budget.
A key member of the team, the General Manager reports to the Company Directors and leads on the following areas of responsibility: Client Relations, Sales, Financial Management, and Operations Management.
- Use QLX inventory software to create client quotations
- Complete Company paperwork as required.
- Participate in site meetings to ascertain clients requirements
- Project Manage on going jobs
- Manage client relationships
- Work regularly with the Warehouse team to update and maintain the base inventory
- Determine staffing and transport requirements
- Hire and train new staff
- Set employee goals and objectives and develop staff to maximize potential
- Monitor and report business performance against approved budgets, ensuring expenditure does not exceed budget
- Allocate use of available resources
- Plan and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency
- Co-ordinate financial and budget activities for maximum operational efficiency
- Facilitate the preparation and analysis of reports
- Other duties may be added to the role as the company need dictates.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of five years of work experience in the Event Lighting Industry or similar
- Good knowledge of the technical principles of operation of event lighting equipment
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource management principles and procedures
- Knowledge of basic economic and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of workplace Safety
Licenses and/or Certificates:
Current Irish full driving license not essential but desirable
Other Requirements, Knowledge, Skill, Ability or Characteristics:
- Motivated and flexible
- The ability to learn and utilize QLX inventory software
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team orientated
- Hard working and able to thrive under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good judgment
- Decision-making skills
- Ability to manage resources
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is a full-time temporary post to cover a maternity leave of initially 6 months from January 1st 2018 with a cross over period from Mid-November 2017.
Hours 28 to 40 per week and salary negotiable depending on experience of candidate.
Closing date for applications is Friday 06th October at 5pm
Interviews to be held Mid October
Applications with cover letter to be sent to email@example.com
For more information please email info@QLX.ie or call +353 1 2542525